Terms & Conditions
- Our cottage is let for holiday purposes only and only to the persons named on the booking form. The maximum period of let is four weeks. (For longer lets a separate contract is necessary.)
- Sub-letting is prohibited.
- The proprietors reserve the right to refuse admission to their property and to require any person to leave when they consider there is a breach of contract or deem that there is damage to the property or cause of nuisance or conduct in an offensive manner.
- Guests should leave the cottages in a clean and tidy condition.
- As a courtesy to others, guests are asked not to smoke inside the cottages. You are welcome to smoke in the grounds.
- Up to two well-behaved dogs are welcome, subject to prior notification, but must be kept out of the bedroom areas of the house.
Arrival and Departure Times
To allow time for Willowbank to be made ready for you, could you please arrive no sooner than 5.00pm on the first day, unless by prior arrangement. The cottage should be vacated by 10am on the day of departure.
The accommodation and all furniture, fixtures and effects are to be left in the same state of repair and condition as at the commencement of the holiday. The proprietors must be notified about any damage or breakages. The owner retains the right to make an additional charge for damage and breakages although it should be noted that minor breakages and reasonable wear and tear (in the opinion of the property owner) will not be charged for.
- The Owners accept that if any damage or injury is sustained due to our neglect or poor maintenance of furnishing, household equipment or structure the hirer shall have such rights as apply by law.
- The Owners accept no responsibility for loss, injury or damage to any member of the Hirer’s party if they do not exercise due care and attention whilst hiring the cottage.
A binding contract between both parties will take effect when we issue written (email) confirmation.
- We will only be able to confirm bookings and reservations when a deposit of 25% of the total cost is received. Please pay the balance six weeks before the commencement of your holiday.
- If a cottage is booked less than six weeks before your arrival date, please pay the full amount at time of booking.
- Receipt of any deposits will not constitute acceptance of any booking.
- If you fail to pay your balance on the six weeks due date and we have not heard from you within one week then we will attempt to contact you to arrange payment, but if we can’t do so then we reserve the right to cancel your reservation and attempt to re-let the property. Any monies paid by you will be forfeit at this time.
- The price payable for Willowbank is inclusive of all fees including electricity and use of bedding and towels.
Cancellation by the Holidaymaker
Any cancellation made by you (for whatever reason) should be notified to us in writing (email). In the event of cancellation the following applies:
- No penalty will be applied for cancellation within 7 days from our confirmation of booking.
- Every endeavour will be made by us to re-let Willowbank. The more notice you are able to give of cancellation the more likely it is that we will be able to re-let the accommodation. In the event that we are unable to re-let Willowbank at all then all monies paid by you (whether by way of deposit or otherwise) will be forfeited to us.
- If we are successful in re-letting Willowbank for the entire period originally booked we will refund all monies paid (whether by way of deposit or otherwise) less a handling and re-advertising charge of £25 per week booked.
- If we only succeed in re-letting Willowbank for a proportion of the period originally booked, we will refund all monies paid (whether by way of deposit or otherwise) that the period re-let bears to the period originally booked less a handling and re-advertising charge of £25 per week booked. You are advised to consider arranging holiday cancellation insurance.
- Please note: for bookings made after March 14th 2020, in the event of cancellation due to government travel restrictions relating to Covid-19, a full refund will be made. (Please note that if you test positive for Covid-19 just before or during your stay this is not classed as a government restriction and you will be liable for costs incurred).
Cancellation by the Owner
The property owner will endeavour to make sure the stated property is available for the dates contracted. In the unlikely event the property becomes not available and the property owner has to cancel the booking, the property owner will endeavour to find the holidaymaker suitable alternative accommodation. If suitable alternative accommodation cannot be found, the holidaymaker shall be entitled to a full refund. The property owner shall only be liable to return the monies received. No compensation or consequential losses shall be paid.
Every endeavour is made to ensure your stay with us is memorable for all the right reasons. However, we do recognise that from to time things do go wrong. In these circumstances, it is the responsibility of the holidaymaker to make any such problem known to the property owner (or their representative) immediately it becomes apparent, thereby giving the property owner the opportunity to correct the situation. Unless this procedure is followed, no subsequent claim will be entertained.
The property owner will make every endeavour to rectify any identified problems as soon as is reasonably possible.