, Cleaning Protocols
We have done everything we can to make sure that Willowbank is as safe as possible:
- We have completed the Covid 19 Holiday Let cleaning course as recommended by the Association of Scotland’s Self-Caterers, covering Risk Assessments and how to safely and effectively combat the virus including cleaning protocols, what cleaning products we should be using and why.
- We have updated our cleaning risk assessment and put in place additional cleaning protocols according to the recommendations of the ASSC, the Scottish Government and Airbnb’s guidance.
- We have received the ‘Good to Go Scotland’ accreditation.
- Our housekeeper has also undergone additional training and we now carry out enhanced cleaning procedures including an additional step of disinfecting touch points after regular cleaning with an EN14476 viricidal spray.
- The housekeeper completes a checklist after each clean to ensure that the cleaning has been done thoroughly and systematically. This is available for you to see in the cottage.
- Cleaning supplies are made available to guests who wish to use them.
- If you are a repeat guest you may notice that the welcome basket and some other amenities have been reduced – this is purely to minimise the risk of transmission.
It is important that you are aware of the following, however:
- We are still operating on a short changeover – this is why we need to take all the additional cleaning measures listed above. We cannot guarantee that the virus has been eliminated completely, only that we have undertaken all reasonable measures to minimize it.
- We are disinfecting high touch points but we are not disinfecting games and toys, books, ornaments, etc. Before using these items you may wish to spray or wipe them with disinfectant, or wait 72 hrs before using them.
- Please help us by carrying out the additional procedures detailed in the Leaving Instructions before your departure.
If anyone in your party develops symptoms of Covid-19 during your stay, Scottish government guidelines are that you should immediately book a test through NHS Inform or by calling 0800 028 2816, and everyone in the household should self-isolate until the test results are obtained.
- If the test result is negative, you may continue with your holiday.
- If the test result is positive, the NHS Test and Protect team will support you. If possible they will advise you to check out and return home, avoiding public transport, to self-isolate according to current government guidance. If not you will be advised to remain in the accommodation for the duration of the isolation period or if this is not possible (for example due to other guests having booked), then they will support you in finding an alternative.
- If at any point anyone in your party develops acute symptoms, has breathing difficulties, or their life is at potential risk, please seek medical help immediately:
- For serious medical emergencies please dial 999 and ask for an ambulance.
- For non-emergency out of hours medical advice please call NHS 24 on 08454 24 24 24
- Broadford Hospital has 24hr A+E tel: 01471 822 491
In the event that anyone in your party develops Covid-19 symptoms during or shortly after your stay, please inform us as soon as possible. We will need to collect names and contact information for all members of your party. We will not use this information for any purpose other than to pass it on to the NHS.
Visiting attractions on the Isle of Skye
Many of the attractions and places to eat and drink on the Isle of Skye are starting to re-open with appropriate measures in place; please be aware though that some are not yet ready to re-open/limited facilities or opening hours/require booing in advance. We recommend that you contact anywhere you’re planning to visit beforehand to get the most up-to-date information.
You may wish to visit ‘What’s Open in Skye and Lochalsh?’ on Facebook. This is a tool for local shops, restaurants, attractions and activity businesses to update the public on their safe phased opening plans, dates and times.
Our housekeeper is working hard to put in place additional measures to help protect our guests from infection – please assist her by making sure the following are done before you leave:
Bed Linen and Towels:
Please strip the beds (including pillow protectors and terry mattress protectors, but you may leave the mattress covers in place). Place the used bedlinen, towels, hand towels and bath mats in the IKEA bags provided and leave by the washing machine.
- Remove unused food items from the house.
- Clean all kitchenware with soapy water and dry before putting away.
- Remove all rubbish from the house and leave in bags in the green bins.
- Remove all recycling from the house and leave unbagged in the blue bin (details on what can be recycled are on the wall next to the washing machine).
- Please take all glass to the bottle banks in the big car park by the fuel station in Broadford.
Please leave the house and shed tidy and remove everything you brought with you including games, information leaflets, garden toys, etc.
Please make sure you leave the house by 10:00am on your day of departure; the housekeeper needs the time to prepare for the next guests. Leave the keys in the key safe for the next guests.